Neues für 2016

Neues für 2016

Wie jedes Jahr gibt es von BF auch heuer Ankündigungen für die kommenden 12 Monate: flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=5091

Die wichtigsten Punkte dabei:
      • Pazifik im März - Japaner und Marines kommen endlich, nach langem Warten.
      • MW für V3 aktualisiert - Mitte Januar kommen die MW Briefings aus North Africa und Eastern Front für die V3 aktualisiert in FoW Digital raus.
      • Digital auch für Android - zumindest ich warte seit einem Jahr darauf, endlich auch die Digital exclusive Listen verwenden, oder generell meine Listen am Tablet abrufen zu können (ohne einen Armybuilder dazuzukaufen). Wahrscheinlich im März ist es soweit.
      • Ardennen Compilation - wie alle Softcovers werden auch die Ardennen-Bücher in Compilations zusammengefasst und erweitert.
      • Ein weiteres LW-Buch wurde ebenfalls angekündigt, ohne konkretere Infos.
      • Team Yankee wird um Briten und eine weitere Nation erweitert.
      • Mit "Tanks" wird ein Mini-Spiel herausgebracht.
      • Die Fabrik zieht um, weil die Hallen zu klein geworden sind. MMn überfällig.
      greetings from good old Simmering
      Manuel (19), Jus-Student - by Kurier :D (das waren noch Zeiten...)
      Eine Hexe sollst du nicht am Leben lassen. Ex 22,17
      Ich weiß, wo du wohnst; Offb 2,13a

WoW/Keepers-Altpräsident und für die Idee begeistert, eine Carrerabahn im ganzen Clublokal zu installieren

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von „Tùrin“ ()

Ich finde die Neuigkeiten sehr begrüßenswert, insbesondere auf die aktualisierten MW-Bücher freue ich mich schon!

Bei Pacific hab ich nichts dazu gefunden, ob das MW oder LW wird - wobei ich mir auch vorstellen kann, dass sie diese Unterteilung im Pazifik gar nicht erst machen, kann das sein?

Auf Tanks bin ich auch gespannt, nicht, weil ich unbedingt erwarte, dass es gut werden würde, aber es könnt eine originelle kleine Abwechslung sein für schnelle Spiele zwischendurch.
      alea iacienda est.
      Yeah...Midwar.......man glaubt es kaum mehr. lol

Team Yanke wird um Briten und eine weitere Nation erweitert.

die weitere Nation werden wohl Deutsche sein...der BO 105 nach zu urteilen bei den nicht so subtilen Hinweisen. :)

Umzug ist gut, beim Gelände sollen alte Favoriten wieder kommen, man darf noch hoffen.....Hügel, Hügel, Hügel.....lol....aber mal schauen.

Alles in allem ein recht spannendes Jahr wo doch einiges für mich dabei ist..:)
      Pazific War, endlich trauen sich die Kiwis da ran. Dazu bin ich sehr gespannt, ob sie die Japsen Infanterie auch in Plastik raus bringen. generell wäre dies eine Armee, die anzufangen durchaus wert wäre. Da ist es gut, dass unser Teager 40k schon halb Vietnam in 15mm nach gebaut hat, genau dieses Gelände ist ideal für die Inselkämpfe, die den Pazifikkrieg so stark ausgemacht haben...UHHHH, das Bedeutet auch Kamikaze Piloten....Marines, holt die Flak heraus!!!!

constable schrieb:

Yeah...Midwar.......man glaubt es kaum mehr. lol

Team Yanke wird um Briten und eine weitere Nation erweitert.

die weitere Nation werden wohl Deutsche sein...der BO 105 nach zu urteilen bei den nicht so subtilen Hinweisen. :)

ja die "Hinweise" sind schon sehr 'direkt'
      da freu ich mich drauf, kommt ein Teil auf die Video-Liste
      Bundeswehr JA da freu ich mich sehr,
      freu mich auch auf die Briten, mit dem Chieftain als MBT geht eine weitere Möglichkeit für andere Szenarios auf (Golf1: Iran vs Irak)

des Video der BO lässt mich mutmaßen, daß der Deutsche Heli als einzinger Heli in den Nahkampf chargen kann 8o :pillepalle:
      ---> meine Flickr-Galerien "follow me"
      Tabletop im Niemandsland von Altötting und Mühldorf
      V V V V V V V V V

The British are Coming (For Team Yankee): Iron Maiden, a Quick Spoiler

Holy Smoke, we got to preview the upcoming expansion for Team Yankee that features the British contingent that were a part of the NATO forces in West Germany. In this article, I will give you a brief overview of the new book and in the next few weeks it will be my Burning Ambition to give you a detailed look at the lists and weapons in Iron Maiden. When I first looked over the book, I got the same kind of excitement that I had when I first saw Leopard. I think many folks will really like this book because it is a bit different than the other three nationalities in the game. If you like a very diverse force and good infantry, this book may see your Wildest Dreams come true.

The book is based around the British 3rd Armoured Division - also known as the “Iron Division” - who were also featured in Flames of War when they were an Infantry Division who hit the beaches of Normandy. The Troopers in this unit have a long history. Iron Maiden features 4 different formations from the 3rd, an Armoured Squadron, Mechanized Company, an Airmobile Company, and a Recce Company with fast moving vehicles who can Run to the Hills on your opponent's side of the table. I really love the fact that the guys from Battlefront are putting out more diverse formations with each new release.

I will spoil the Chieftain - main battle tank featured in Iron Maiden. While I saw some forum talk that the MBT featured in this book should be the Challenger 1, I feel that the limited operational history of the Challenger 1 and the problems it had makes the Chieftain not only more historically accurate, but also more playable. At 6 points a tank, the Chieftain is a bit better than that T-72 with its front armor rating of 17. For an extra point, you can add “Stillbrew” armor which makes the FA an 18, but it increases your “Cross” rating to a 3+. These slow tanks will not be Running Free all over the table.

The Chieftain comes in a platoon of 2 or 3 tanks. If you run the armor list, you can have 4 platoons of them and beef up your HQ with an extra tank, so you can place a Number of these Beasts on the table.

The British have really good infantry in the book - more on that in a later article. I don’t want to leave you in Purgatory here, so I will tell you that the British have the ability to flood the table with Milan anti-tank missile teams and can make your opponent a Man on the Edge.

I also have to say that the Recce lists looks good, where you can take a mixture of Scorpions of Scimitars. These guys do not have much protection but they can move, so Be Quick or Be Dead with them.

When it comes to divisional support, the British have some good options: Blowpipe and Rapier anti-aircraft missiles. The Blowpipes have the ability to be used against tanks and infantry. The Harrier also makes its appearance and uses a new special rule called “Jump Jet” which means you only have to roll a 3+ vice a 4+ to get your air on the table.

In a upcoming article on Iron Maiden I, will break down all four of the lists in the book and provide details on what goodies you can have in them.

One thing I do love about the book is the name; I can assume is in reference to former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher who was given the nickname the “Iron Lady” by a Soviet journalist. It also plays into the name of the Iron Division, or the guys at Battlefront really like 1980’s hair bands.
      I am going with the last assumption, and while I do not know what is in the next releases, I would still like to make some recommendations for future book titles and topics.

Twisted Sisters: North and South Korea
      Bon Jovi: The Italians
      Great White: The Canadians
      Damn Yankee’s: US National Guard units sent to Europe for WWIII
      Night Ranger: US Special Forces and Soviet Spetznaz
      Saigon Kick: Vietnamese Army (Alt title “Hanoi Rocks”)
      V V V V V V V V V

Release Schedule:

Early October
      FW907 Iron Maiden — British Army in World War III (48 pages, hardcover)
      TBRAB1 Charlie's Chieftains – British Armoured Squadron
      TYP193 Team Yankee British Paint Set
      TYP293 British Green Spray

Late October
      TBBX02 FV432 or Swingfire Troop (5x plastic APCs)
      TBBX10 Mechanised Company (61 infantry figures)
      TBR706 Milan Group (10x Milan teams)
      TAT04 Team Yankee British Template
      TTK04 Team Yankee British Token Set

Early November
      TBBX05 Lynx Helarm Flight (2x plastic helicopters)
      TBBX06 Abbot Field Battery (4x 105mm SP howitzers)
      TBBX07 Tracked Rapier SAM Section (4x SAM launchers)

Late November
      TBBX01 Chieftan Armoured Troop (5x plastic tanks)
      TBBX08 M109 Field Battery (4x 155m SP howitzers)
      TBBX09 Harrier Close Air Support Flight (2x aircraft)

Early December
      TBBX04 Spartan or Striker Troop (4x plastic AFVs)
      TBBX03 Scorpion or Scimitar Troop (4x plastic AFVs)

Battlefield in a Box Terrain
      BB209 Mechanics Workshop (Late October)
      BB210 Convenience Store (Early November)
      BB211 Automotive Garages (Late November)

team-yankee.com/Default.aspx?tabid=867&art_id=5304
      V V V V V V V V V