Team Yankee - Briten

Team Yankee - Briten

Für alle Team Yankee - Liebhaber,

flamesofwar.de/index.php?topic=13753.msg260498;topicseen#new

In diesem Thread ist auch schon ein erstes Preview enthalten :)

@edit: Link:
      wwpd.net/2016/08/the-british-are-coming-for-team-yankee.html
      mfg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von „Zauberlehrling“ ()

Herrschaftszeiten! Die wuchten ihr Zeug schneller auf den Markt als man pinseln kann. *Hach* Tabletoppen war nie schöner.... Besonders die Scorpion/ Scimitar Bausätze haben es mir angetan. Zusammen mit Harriern und SAS Truppen... hat hier irgendjemand Falkland gesagt?
      GOOOOOOOD MOOOOORNIIIING VIIIEEEEETNAAAAAAAM!!!!!!
      The British are Coming (For Team Yankee): Iron Maiden, a Quick Spoiler

Holy Smoke, we got to preview the upcoming expansion for Team Yankee that features the British contingent that were a part of the NATO forces in West Germany. In this article, I will give you a brief overview of the new book and in the next few weeks it will be my Burning Ambition to give you a detailed look at the lists and weapons in Iron Maiden. When I first looked over the book, I got the same kind of excitement that I had when I first saw Leopard. I think many folks will really like this book because it is a bit different than the other three nationalities in the game. If you like a very diverse force and good infantry, this book may see your Wildest Dreams come true.

The book is based around the British 3rd Armoured Division - also known as the “Iron Division” - who were also featured in Flames of War when they were an Infantry Division who hit the beaches of Normandy. The Troopers in this unit have a long history. Iron Maiden features 4 different formations from the 3rd, an Armoured Squadron, Mechanized Company, an Airmobile Company, and a Recce Company with fast moving vehicles who can Run to the Hills on your opponent's side of the table. I really love the fact that the guys from Battlefront are putting out more diverse formations with each new release.

I will spoil the Chieftain - main battle tank featured in Iron Maiden. While I saw some forum talk that the MBT featured in this book should be the Challenger 1, I feel that the limited operational history of the Challenger 1 and the problems it had makes the Chieftain not only more historically accurate, but also more playable. At 6 points a tank, the Chieftain is a bit better than that T-72 with its front armor rating of 17. For an extra point, you can add “Stillbrew” armor which makes the FA an 18, but it increases your “Cross” rating to a 3+. These slow tanks will not be Running Free all over the table.

The Chieftain comes in a platoon of 2 or 3 tanks. If you run the armor list, you can have 4 platoons of them and beef up your HQ with an extra tank, so you can place a Number of these Beasts on the table.

The British have really good infantry in the book - more on that in a later article. I don’t want to leave you in Purgatory here, so I will tell you that the British have the ability to flood the table with Milan anti-tank missile teams and can make your opponent a Man on the Edge.

I also have to say that the Recce lists looks good, where you can take a mixture of Scorpions of Scimitars. These guys do not have much protection but they can move, so Be Quick or Be Dead with them.

When it comes to divisional support, the British have some good options: Blowpipe and Rapier anti-aircraft missiles. The Blowpipes have the ability to be used against tanks and infantry. The Harrier also makes its appearance and uses a new special rule called “Jump Jet” which means you only have to roll a 3+ vice a 4+ to get your air on the table.

In a upcoming article on Iron Maiden I, will break down all four of the lists in the book and provide details on what goodies you can have in them.

One thing I do love about the book is the name; I can assume is in reference to former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher who was given the nickname the “Iron Lady” by a Soviet journalist. It also plays into the name of the Iron Division, or the guys at Battlefront really like 1980’s hair bands.
      I am going with the last assumption, and while I do not know what is in the next releases, I would still like to make some recommendations for future book titles and topics.

Twisted Sisters: North and South Korea
      Bon Jovi: The Italians
      Great White: The Canadians
      Damn Yankee’s: US National Guard units sent to Europe for WWIII
      Night Ranger: US Special Forces and Soviet Spetznaz
      Saigon Kick: Vietnamese Army (Alt title “Hanoi Rocks”)

Release Schedule:

Early October
      FW907 Iron Maiden — British Army in World War III (48 pages, hardcover)
      TBRAB1 Charlie's Chieftains – British Armoured Squadron
      TYP193 Team Yankee British Paint Set
      TYP293 British Green Spray

Late October
      TBBX02 FV432 or Swingfire Troop (5x plastic APCs)
      TBBX10 Mechanised Company (61 infantry figures)
      TBR706 Milan Group (10x Milan teams)
      TAT04 Team Yankee British Template
      TTK04 Team Yankee British Token Set

Early November
      TBBX05 Lynx Helarm Flight (2x plastic helicopters)
      TBBX06 Abbot Field Battery (4x 105mm SP howitzers)
      TBBX07 Tracked Rapier SAM Section (4x SAM launchers)

Late November
      TBBX01 Chieftan Armoured Troop (5x plastic tanks)
      TBBX08 M109 Field Battery (4x 155m SP howitzers)
      TBBX09 Harrier Close Air Support Flight (2x aircraft)

Early December
      TBBX04 Spartan or Striker Troop (4x plastic AFVs)
      TBBX03 Scorpion or Scimitar Troop (4x plastic AFVs)

Battlefield in a Box Terrain
      BB209 Mechanics Workshop (Late October)
      BB210 Convenience Store (Early November)
      BB211 Automotive Garages (Late November)

team-yankee.com/Default.aspx?tabid=867&art_id=5304
      ---> meine Flickr-Galerien "follow me"
      Tabletop im Niemandsland von Altötting und Mühldorf
      V V V V V V V V V

Preview: Iron Maiden, Charlie's Chieftains Army Deal

Posted by Mitch Reed Labels: 15mm, Iron Maiden, preview, Team Yankee

We all love new toys to play with, and with the upcoming release of Iron Maiden the folks from Battlefront have some great stuff heading out way. In the first of three preview articles, I am going to talk about the Iron Maiden army deal called “Charlie's Chieftains”, the British paint set, and the Lynx. I am excited to share this stuff with you because it seems much like the previous releases for Team Yankee, the British models look excellent.

The Chief
      The centerpiece of Iron Maiden is the Chieftain tank which bring me back a bit. When I was younger, a company called Corgi came out with a series of excellent die-cast metal tanks that could shoot little red projectiles from its main gun. One of the tanks in the collection I really loved was the Chieftain, and in fact it is the only one of the collection I still do not own. Despite is plan color, I just had to love the look of this tank.

Well now with the release of Iron Maiden, I can re-live those days with a plastic version, that also has an AT rating of 22. Looking at the single Chieftain sprue, you can see that two turret tops are included - one for the normal version of the tank and another for its “Stillbrew” armor.

[LEFT] The British used this modification to increase the protection of the tank over the years to meet with the latest threats it would face on the battlefield. In the game, for 1 point each you can upgrade your 17 FA Chieftain with Stillbrew armor and increase your FA rating to 18. This does come with a down side because the “Cross” rating goes from 2+ to 3+ because the tank is so much heavier.[/LEFT]

What I wish I would have seen on the sprue is an extra turret bottom so we can swap out between regular and Stillbrew versions. I will have to wait for the unboxing to see if something can be done with magnets to remedy this.

I also like how they have the Berlin Brigade version of tank in both the book and the picture below. I hope that someone tells us what colors the Berlin camo used and how to apply it. I think using the alt-camo would be very cool.

Charlie Don’t Surf
      Just like previous releases, Battlefront is selling “Charlie’s Chieftains”, a box set that has five tanks and two Lynx helicopters. With this you also get two decal sheets, six cards, and the Team Yankee Artillery/Salvo template. I am sure that they will come with a sprue for commanders and some magnets to keeps your choppers off the ground.

Much like the other releases, in the future you will be able to get a box of 5 Chieftains to add to your force. I also hope they have the single sprues available for purchase because 3 boxes of the tanks leaves you one short of the max you can take at 100 points.

The Lynx
      Like the other three releases for the series we have seen the army deal comes with the Lynx Helicopter.

The army deal comes with two cards for the Lynx, one for the Tow firing ‘HELARM Flight” which cannot carry passengers and the transport version which can carry 3 stands of infantry or missile teams.

Color Guard
      The last item I will preview here is the paint set that is coming out for the British. Chieftain Green, Harrier Grey, and DPM Sand joins the nationally named color list and I wonder what previous colors they translate to. I hope that some can post a translation of all the color names back to the tons of Vallejo paints I still have.

So it looks like the first few releases for Iron Maiden are of the same quality as the rest of the plastic models in the series. The army deal, the paint set, and the Chieftain Green spray should be in stores around Canadian Thanksgiving.

Stay tuned for more articles on the models of Iron Maiden.
      V V V V V V V V V

[h=3]Team Yankee - Iron Maiden Unit Cards Reveiwed[/h]
      Posted by Luke Labels: 15mm, Battlefront, Iron Maiden, preview, Team Yankee

Iron Maiden, due to be released in October, brings to life the British forces in World War III for Team Yankee. Who else better to review and spoil the new British forces other than we Colonials over here at WWPD? This article will focus on the units available and will show you all of the new force structures and units available to the British. The excitement around this release is well justified.

The British feature air mobile options along with the Chieftain Main Battle Tank, which I might add are only six points each. They may lack the ROF 2 of the West Germans and Americans, but can quickly make this up in numbers coupled with great support options and more Milan missile teams than you can shake a stick at.

Mitch has already given us a quick preview, so now we will give you all the new units you can expect in Iron Maiden.

The basic British force structure. There is a plethora of Recce options to choose from here and you can accommodate quite a large force of lighter troops to compliment the Chieftains. As with Leopard, we see a tremendous amount of support units to accompany your force.

You get the option of having either 2 (for 5 points) or 4 (for 10 points) Harriers. Cluster bombs for the win. This will definitely make me want to purchase this air option.

The TOW Lynx model looks amazing. If you are like me, it is the helicopters that have really drawn us into the game.

The Rapier and the Blowpipe are both substantial additions for anti-air options. My favorite here is the Rapier though. 64" range and a 3+ firepower for 1.5 points each model and I can have a unit of 4? That seems like a no brainer to me. The Blowpipe moves fast and carries the AA machine gun and seems like a solid option for taking out helicopters.

You have your standard M109 here. The Abbot does not pack the firepower of the M109, but it is substantially cheaper at again, you guessed it, only 1.5 points per model. Interestingly, both can be bought in units of 8. That is a great deal of artillery to rain down on someone's head.

V V V V V V V V V

The British Air Mobile options are going to give the Warsaw Pact reason to stop and reconsider their tactics when rolling forward in force. They are going to have to keep those objectives defended. The options here are absolutely fantastic. The points range from 5 to 11 points depending on what you choose, but I can not help to speculate that these options will be a game changer for Team Yankee.

The model looks really nice, but I am not sure how often I would field the Strikers with a cost of 2.5 points each. The Swingfire missile is a heavy hitter without doubt. The main drawback is that it does not have a moving ROF.

It is pretty clear by now that I am 'uge fan of lighter, cheap vehicles that pack a decent punch. The Scorpion and Scimitar fit the bill, but I am concerned about the tactical movement of 6". With a 26" cross country dash they can definitely get into position quickly or get out of trouble if overwhelmed. They are both only 1 point each which means you just have to find some space for them in your force.

The British just have so many options - you got your mortars, you got your Milan missiles, you got your Carl Gustav's and just a virtual Swiss army Knife of choices depending on what you are facing. Tactical movement again here is not great, but these infantry forces are going to be difficult to dig out and pack a serious punch.

And now.... for the Grand Finale, we have the Chieftain - Main Battle Tank for the British. It is 6 points for each tank and comes in units of 2 or 3. You can improve the armor to 18 for an additional point. ROF 1 on the move will be something to get used to playing NATO forces, but I keep going back to it is only 6 points! Bringing a lot of Chieftains to the table seems to be the way to go so you can bring a massive amount of firepower to the firefight.

Thank you for checking out this preview. Expect a detailed review article of Iron Maiden as well as a thorough discussion on the WWPD: Why We Fight Podcast coming soon. Make sure that you "like" our page WWPD: Why We Fight on Facebook to keep up with all the exclusives on Iron Maiden.

Luke
      V V V V V V V V V